For $30/month you can sponsor a child and offer hope for a brighter future.
Once you choose a child, please call our office at 800-342-5531 x502 to confirm your selection of a child, as our website is under construction. Thanks!
Important note: When you select a child to sponsor, please write down their "ID Number" (example: NI100-00015) or copy "Ctrl+C" it before proceeding. You will need the child's number to complete the sponsorship transaction.
If you have questions or problems at any point in the process of sponsoring, please call us - 800-342-5531 x502.
- ID Number
- Jan 15, 2007
- 11 years
- education, food, clothing
- attends church and Sunday school
- 3 brother, 3 sisters
- Estimated Population
- 16,323,044 (July 2012 est.)
- Land Area
- slightly smaller than Pennsylvania
- Literacy Rate
- Death Rate
- 12.84 deaths/1,000 population
- Southern Africa, east of Zambia
- Landlocked Malawi ranks among the world's most densely populated and least developed countries. The economy is predominately agricultural with about 80% of the population living in rural areas.
- Chewa 32.6%, Lomwe 17.6%, Yao 13.5%, Ngoni 11.5%, Tumbuka 8.8%, Nyanja 5.8%, Sena 3.6%, Tonga 2.1%, Ngonde 1%, other 3.5%
- State Religion
- Christian 82.7%, Muslim 13%, other 1.9%, none 2.5%
- Child Care Ministries
The Free Methodist Sponsorship Program began in Malawi in 1978. The Malawi Free Methodist Church divided into three conferences in 1997. This helped in the organization of the work.
The Northern Conference is predominately people of the Tumbuka tribe. The area is more mountainous than the rest of Malawi. Beautiful steep cliffs drop hundreds of feet to the lake below. The Northern Conference has been instrumental in planting churches in Southern Tanzania and Zambia.
The Southern Conference is the fastest growing area of the church in Malawi. Several pastors are gifted church planters. The Southern Conference has even sent a missionary to the neighboring country of Mozambique where new churches are springing up.
The Central Malawi Conference is in the middle of the country. The capital city, Lilongwe, is located in this conference. The Bible School, which serves all of Malawi and Zambia, is also located in Lilongwe.